I’ve been rather busy the last couple of days and haven’t had time to write about progress in Ubuntu Tasks, but I’ve still been busy working on it! Yesterday marked the end of week 1 and the start of week 2! So, that means it’s time to summarize what I’ve accomplished in the past week.
First though, I’ll give a more detailed update about the past couple days work. Most importantly, I’ve designed an icon for Ubuntu Tasks!!
Here is the actual icon I made:
And here is what it will look like on Ubuntu Touch:
I’ve also make some visual tweaks, most importantly the task view page has also received a sidebar, which contains options for the task. This previously was (and still is in the phone view) under the task description, but now having them on the right in wide view saves space and prevents the user from having to scroll down:
What have I accomplished this week? Lots!
- Version 0.1
- Redesigned task create/view/edit pages
- A layout that adapts to the screen size
- An icon!
- New backend (in preparation for Trello integration)
- Repeating tasks
- Improved statistics
- Upcoming tasks view
- Projects instead of Categories
- Some small visual tweaks
- A special web page for it – https://sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com/ubuntu-tasks/
- More visual tweaks
- Trello Integration!
As always, comments, feedback, feature requests, and bug reports are always much appreciated! You can either comment here, or file an issue in my GitHub project.
- Ubuntu Tasks – Week 1 (sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com)