Yesterday, on August 7, Canonical announced the Ubuntu App Showdown for Ubuntu Touch, and I’m going to be developing an app for it!
I am creating a task management app for Ubuntu Touch, which will be licensed under the GPLv3. It will allow the user to add tasks, assign due dates, and manage their progress towards completion. You can find it on GitHub at https://github.com/iBeliever/tasks-app.
I’ve already added a lot of basic features:
- Added tasks
- Deleting tasks
- Assigning a due date
- Marking a task as completed
- Editing a task
- Deleted a task
- Storage of tasks and settings (for when I add settings) in U1db
Here are some of the features I’d like to complete by the deadline, which is in six weeks, September 15:
- Marking a task as high, medium, or low
- Sorting tasks by relevance, which will be calculated based on time to due date, importance, time since created, and overdue time
- Scheduling tasks for completion in the calendar
- Managing multiple lists/projects
- Viewing/Changing task completion status from the list of tasks
- Hiding tasks that have been completed
- Checklists of things that need to be done to complete the task
- Tagging tasks with colors
- Notification of upcoming due dates
Some features that might be cool to add:
- Synchronization with Google Tasks
- Synchronization with Trello
- Statistics about progress in the entire task collection
Here are some screenshots of what I’ve got:
Any feature suggestions would be very welcome, just add them as comments.
To God be the Glory, as always!